Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 2 cups fresh pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a small bowl, toss pumpkin seeds with oil, Worcestershire sauce and hot pepper sauce. Combine the salt, paprika, cumin and cayenne; sprinkle over seeds and toss to coat.
- Line a 15x10x1-in. baking pan with foil; grease the foil. Spread pumpkin seeds in pan. Bake, uncovered, at 250° until lightly browned and dry, 45-50 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 103 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 158mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Sep 18, 2014
I've made these for the past 3 years now! (When my husband and I share), friends and family will bring pumpkins to our home so we will make them some more! We are addicted!
Aug 31, 2014
We have a garden and have gotten lots of pumpkins. This recipe is super easy and definitely spicy. My husband and I love spicy so I will be making this again.
Jul 5, 2013
These are best with big pumpkin seeds if you can find them. Some people eat the whole seed. I just eat the inside.
Nov 22, 2009
I cannot wait to try this recipe! Thanks, you made my day.
Nov 1, 2009
very flavorful, nicely spicy. Hard to stop eating them. I had to cook them a bit longer and raised the temp some to get them nicely roasted and dry.