Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 2 cups fresh pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a small bowl, toss pumpkin seeds with oil, Worcestershire sauce and hot pepper sauce. Combine the salt, paprika, cumin and cayenne; sprinkle over seeds and toss to coat.
- Line a 15x10x1-in. baking pan with foil; grease the foil. Spread pumpkin seeds in pan. Bake, uncovered, at 250° for 45-50 minutes or until lightly browned and dry, stirring occasionally. Cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 103 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 158mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 18, 2014
I've made these for the past 3 years now! (When my husband and I share), friends and family will bring pumpkins to our home so we will make them some more! We are addicted!
Aug 31, 2014
We have a garden and have gotten lots of pumpkins. This recipe is super easy and definitely spicy. My husband and I love spicy so I will be making this again.
Jul 5, 2013
These are best with big pumpkin seeds if you can find them. Some people eat the whole seed. I just eat the inside.
Nov 22, 2009
I cannot wait to try this recipe! Thanks, you made my day.
Nov 1, 2009
very flavorful, nicely spicy. Hard to stop eating them. I had to cook them a bit longer and raised the temp some to get them nicely roasted and dry.