- 4 large eggs
- 1-2/3 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin until well blended. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to pumpkin mixture and mix well. Pour into an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until set. Cool completely.
- For icing, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, butter and vanilla in a small bowl. Add enough milk to achieve spreading consistency. Spread over bars. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Pumpkin Bars
"Followed recipe as written. Not enough pumpkin flavor. More like cake than bars. Probably won't make again."
"Very good Recipe! Everyone loves these bars. I tweaked it by adding Pumpkin pie Spice instead of cinnamon, and have used 8 Oz Cream Cheese in frosting.....yum!"
"Excellent!! I am going to add some walnuts or pecans next time making these scrumptious bars! Thanks for recipe!"
"These were a huge hurt in my house. Really good!"
"Good basic cake. But I don't care for oily foods. So I added another 3/4cup of pumpkin and only a 1/4 cup of butter.. as we all knoweverything is better with butter! I also added a tsp of vanilla, 1/4 tspnutmeg, dash of ground cloves. If you use a 15x10 pan it's a bar andmight want to check prior to the bake time stated. 9x13 pan is a cake& will take longer to bake since it's thicker. Remember you shouldonly take bake times stated as a estimate of time needed. Rule ofthumb... EVERY OVEN IS DIFFERENT....AND TOOTH PICKS NEVER LIE.Always check it a little earlier then time called for- say 5 to 8 minutes.And lastly think about what ratio is called for in a recipe before youstart mixing it. You can catch misprints etc. before it's in the ovenand to late to fix if you think about what you're mixing."
"Best-tasting "bars" ever! They're only bars, cuz they turn out that way if you cut them right, but the taste is wonderful! I used regular Betty Crocker cream cheese icing. Didn't have time to make my own, and they were a huge hit at Thanksgiving! Now I make it every year for a 2nd dessert at Christmas time."
"disappointed :( (these are) NOT bars, this is a recipe for cake!"
"Very moist & delicious. More like a cake than a bar."