- 4 eggs
- 1-2/3 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin until well blended. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to pumpkin mixture and mix well. Pour into an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until set. Cool completely.
- For icing, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, butter and vanilla in a small bowl. Add enough milk to achieve spreading consistency. Spread over bars. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Pumpkin Bars
Sort By :
"disappointed :( (these are) NOT bars, this is a recipe for cake!"
"Very moist & delicious. More like a cake than a bar."
"Great, easy recipe to make! These tasted excellent and were not dry at all."
"Very disappointed , they are dry & I only baked them 28 minutes & they do not have a lot of pumpkin flavor, need something added to them, maybe nuts & more pumpkin flavor & more spices, will not make them again."
"I would like to know if these will freeze well. Thanks"