- 4 eggs
- 1-2/3 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin until well blended. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to pumpkin mixture and mix well. Pour into an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until set. Cool completely.
- For icing, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, butter and vanilla in a small bowl. Add enough milk to achieve spreading consistency. Spread over bars. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Pumpkin Bars
Sort By :
"I have made these for years. They are so simple and always moist and delicious! I Follow the recipe exactly and they always get rave reviews and want the recipe! If your in a hurry a can of cream cheese frosting works well also!"
"We made these with our own home grown pumpkin - in March. In place of the cup of oil we used 1/3 cup canola oil and 2/3 cup applesauce. Came out great. Probably could have used the whole 8 ounces of cream cheese - a little more frosting would be good. But a very nice recipe overall. Cream cheese frosting is always a hit!"
"These are fabulous ! We love pumpkin, and these were easy and moist!"
"Love these bars..made for church for a fund raiser and they sold right away!!"
"I made these exactly as the recipe reads and they were fabulous. My husband and four kids couldn't get enough. Everyone complains about the oil but I have another recipe that takes 3/4 cup of butter so I am not sure why it is a big deal. These taste great and keep well if you happen to have leftovers. My mom has made pumpkin roll for years and honestly I have gotten tired of it so this year I am making these."