Mother always made these tasty muffins whenever the family gathered at her house. Now they're a favorite of not only my own family, but of my in-laws' as well.
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups finely chopped peeled apples
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt. Combine eggs, pumpkin and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in apples. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. For topping, combine sugar, flour and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; sprinkle 1 teaspoon over each muffin. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Pumpkin-Apple Muffins with Streusel Topping in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p71
Reviews for Pumpkin-Apple Muffins with Streusel Topping
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review