Pumpkin-Apple Muffins with Streusel Topping Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups finely chopped peeled apples
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt. Combine eggs, pumpkin and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in apples. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. For topping, combine sugar, flour and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; sprinkle 1 teaspoon over each muffin. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Pumpkin-Apple Muffins with Streusel Topping(7)
Sort By :
Absolutely awesome! Might even taste good without apples as a pumpkin muffin with a maple glaze! Will definitely make these again!!
I just made these muffins for the first time and everyone loved them!! I will definitely be making them again!
These are awesome! Baked for 32 minutes and they turned out beautiful, both in appearance and taste.
Superb...I had 24 muffins from this recipe which is wonderful. They are very moist and have a nice crumb. A little sweet so next time I think I'll cut the sugar by 1/2 and maybe add a little bit of honey or molasses. Also, they took less than 20 minutes in my oven so keep an eye on them while cooking. Definitely making again!
I was looking for a healthy alternative to eating cake and found this. I added Benefiber and you could not tell. It was really good but next time I will grate my apples instead of dicing them. Good stuff!