- 3 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 package (16 ounces) process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1-3/4 cups whole milk
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Cook macaroni according to package directions for al dente; drain. Transfer to a greased 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Cook, covered, on low until a thermometer reads at least 160°, 2 to 2-1/2 hours, stirring once. Yield: 16 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews for Potluck Macaroni and Cheese
"Love this mac n cheese! I am a big Mac n cheese lover and have tried tons of recipes. This is one of my top 2! Definitely #1 for creaminess and an easy crockpot recipe. The only change I make is to add more macaron and sometimes I do all sharp cheddar. I usually do 1 1/2 the suggested amount- around 1lb of noodles (4 1/2ish cups dry). It's still plenty creamy and delicious- you could even double the noodles for a bigger crowd. Not a diet food for sure but pure delicious comfort food!"
"I have taken this to pot lucks at church - its always gobbled up and they request me to bring it the next dinner"
"My family loves this recipe."
"This was excellent!! My only change was using 2% milk because that's what I had. Creamy and delicious!"
"Easy and so yummy & creamy... My family loved this mac & cheese! Will definitely keep this recipe handy. Makes a lot, though, so should halve for family dinner night for four."
"Yummy! True comfort food and it was a hit at church."
"Excellent! I was skeptical as I'm not a huge macaroni and cheese fan, but this was really good. I added half a package of bacon and onion powder, but other than that, I followed the recipe. My husband has already requested I make this for Christmas Eve with Ham."
"My family LOVES this! So creamy and cheesy! Everything comes together nicely."
"This is a great recipe! I have served it over and over at international student potlucks for the vegetarians in our midst. And there are never leftovers! A definitely keeper in my recipe box! I omit the eggs, and put the rest in a crock pot to serve to the group."
"Thick and creamy.. But not a lot of flavor. Relatively expensive to make"