- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon fresh sage or 1/4 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic, pepper, salt and cayenne; sprinkle over pork.
- In a large ovenproof skillet coated with cooking spray, brown pork chops. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Remove pork and keep warm.
- Add remaining ingredients to the pan. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened, about 8 minutes. Serve with pork. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork with Blueberry Herb Sauce
"This was really good. I would have never put blueberries with pork chops, but it really worked. I will definitely make these again."
"I have made this several times and follow recipe exactly and it always turns out wonderful. My husband said this is a keeper!"
"What a wonderful flavor combination. Sweet yet tangy. Hubby says to add this to the favorites list!"
"Great simple recipe! Loved it!"
"Easy and soooo delicious! I grilled my porkchops and simmered the other ingredients on the stove."
"Super simple recipe and very tasty! Love the spicy contrast of the herb rub with the sweet blueberries! My whole family loved it and asked for the recipe."
"I made this with blackberries instead and it was wonderful. I'm going to make it again soon."
"I followed the recipe exactly as written and this came out yummy. The flavors paired nicely and the sweet wasn't overpowering.I'm going to try it with chicken next time."