Chockfull of tender pork, veggies and savory flavor, this nutritious soup fills the house with a wonderful aroma as it cooks! Deb Hall - Huntington, Indiana
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 medium potatoes, cubed
- 1 can (12 ounces) light or nonalcoholic beer
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Sprinkle pork with garlic powder. In a large skillet, brown pork in oil; drain.
- Transfer to a 4-qt. slow cooker. Add the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until meat is tender. Discard bay leaves. Yield: 6 servings (2 quarts).
Originally published as Vegetable Pork Soup in Healthy Cooking December/January 2010, p42
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Vegetable Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review