Pork Tenderloin With Mushrooms Recipe
- 2 pork tenderloins (about 1 pound each)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Hot wild rice or noodles, optional
- In a skillet, brown pork in butter. Transfer meat to an ungreased shallow 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; set aside. In the pan drippings, saute the onion, mushrooms and celery until tender. Combine flour and broth until smooth; add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Pour over meat. Cover and bake at 325° for 1 hour or until a meat thermometer reads 160°-170°. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with rice or noodles if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Tenderloin With Mushrooms(5)
Sort By :
This was absolutely succulent! I followed the recipe precisely, except I didn't have celery (but I added some celery seed for taste). Perfect--this will go into my frequent rotation.
Delicious recipe. I agree that the gravy needs to be doubled. I made it using 1 pork tenderloin and there was a perfect amount of gravy.
My family loved this. Served with brown rice as that is what I had in the cupboard. Next time I will double the gravy and add more mushrooms.
very easy to make and mmmm good
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Pasta >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Main Dish Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >