Pork Piperade Recipe
- 1 pound boneless pork, cut into 1-1/2-inch x 1/8-inch strips
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 envelope taco seasoning, divided
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 thinly slice Spanish onion
- 2 sweet red peppers, julienned
- 2 cups canned plum tomatoes, drained (reserve juices)
- In a small paper bag, combine flour and half of seasoning mix. Add few pork strips at a time and shake to coat.
- Heat vegetable oil in a heavy 10-in. skillet; stir-fry pork until golden brown and tender. Remove pork to a platter; cover and keep warm.
- Drain skillet. Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil. Stir-fry onion and pepper until crisp-tender. Chop tomatoes; add to skillet. In small bowl, combine reserved taco seasoning and tomato juices. Stir until blended; add to skillet mixture. Cook and stir until thickened. Return pork to skillet; heat through. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Pork Piperade
Sort By :
O.M.G this is SO good! I make this a lot but I use 4 green bell peppers because the green is cheaper than the red bell peppers. I also use 2 cans of stewed tomatoes instead of the tomatoes called for in this receipe. I have made this more than any other T.O.H receipe that I've collected over the years. I'm so glad I first tried this over more than 15 years ago. I can't believe that there isn't more reviews for this AWSOME dish! It's always been my "Go to receipe" when ever I want to make something that's really good. I will always make this for my family as well as for myself..lol. It's in my TOP 5 ALL TIME FAVORITES!! Please try this. I'm wanting to see how many of you T.O.H lovers will Love this! I always call this my "Pork and Peppers" I think people see the Piperade word/part of this receipe and say "What's that?" It's just a fancy word for "Pork and Peppers" You really got to TRY THIS ONE!!!
More Recipe Collections
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >