- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 6 ounces uncooked multigrain angel hair pasta
- 1 package (8 ounces) fresh sugar snap peas
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/3 cup reduced-sugar orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chopped peeled mango
- 1/4 cup lightly salted cashews, coarsely chopped
- Cut tenderloin lengthwise in half; cut each half crosswise into thin slices. Toss pork with 1 tablespoon oil, salt and, if desired, pepper flakes. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Place a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of the pork; stir-fry 2-3 minutes or just until browned. Remove from pan; repeat with remaining pork.
- Stir-fry snap peas and red pepper in remaining oil 2-3 minutes or just until crisp-tender. Stir in marmalade, teriyaki sauce, brown sugar and garlic; cook 1-2 minutes longer. Return pork to pan and add mango and cashews; heat through, stirring to combine. Serve with pasta. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Pork & Mango Stir-Fry
"Who would have thought of mango as a stir-fry ingredient? It works well with the other ingredients. Liked it on angel hair pasta but it could work just as well over rice. Omitted cashews but it didn't affect the results."
"Absolutely Delicious. I completely forgot to buy Teriyaki Sauce, but substituted with a 1 part: soy sauce, 1/2 parts: sherry, sugar, ginger, and garlic mixture. I aslo put in the whole 14 oz. jar of marmalade, and added 2 Tbsp. of honey. It was fantastic! I can't wait for the leftovers, today! Thank you for sharing!"
"This was great! Used chicken instead of pork and honey instead of marmalade. Loved the warm mango. What a treat!"
"Just made this and the whole family loved it. Put it over brown rice instead & sprinkled xtra cashews on top. I get bored with recipes easy, but this will make it in to my favorites I rotate."
"This was a pretty good recipe. The only problem I ran into is the fact that my family does not care for fruit mixed with meat. So I eliminated the mango. I did not have orange marmalade on hand so just added a little orange juice. Other than that I followed the recipe exactly. It was quite tasty and I'll make it again for friends or relatives who aren't picky about "fruit 'n meat"!"
"This was really good. I had to make various changes and substitutions based on what I had on hand / forgot to get at the grocery store, but overall not a substantial difference from the recipe. Somehow I have never made a stir fry with pork before, only beef and chicken, and I thought the pork was really good. Just don't overcook it. I will definitely make this again."
"Loved the mango in this recipe. I cut it in half, and all went together just fine. This is a keeper."
"Very good! I used peanuts but don't think that changed the taste too much."