Porcupine Meatballs Recipe
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Add beef and mix well. shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. In a large skillet, brown meatballs in oil; drain. Combine tomato sauce, water, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce; pour over meatballs. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Porcupine Meatballs
Sort By :
"awesome been looking for this one"
"I live in AK and I made these with MOOSE meat and OH MY GOODNESS it was so delicious. The moose meat just absorbs all the flavors, I will definitely be keeping and recommending this recipe."
"My husband says this is a keeper! Easy to make and delicious."
"I used this same recipe back in the 70's to stuff green peppers. The extra meat became smaller "porcupine meatballs". It's been years since I've made them...maybe tonight!! Thanks for the reminder. This is a great meal!"
"Actually I had never heard of these before I made them today. My husbands mother used to make them when he was little so I used this recipe and he loved it! Will definitely make again."