Porcupine Meatballs Recipe
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Add beef and mix well. shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. In a large skillet, brown meatballs in oil; drain. Combine tomato sauce, water, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce; pour over meatballs. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Porcupine Meatballs(45)
Sort By :
I make these all the time for my family and they always turn out great! I like to serve them with mashed potatoes and corn.
Very Good. I doubled the recipe and will finely dice the onion next time. My 5 yr old son loved them!
We enjoyed these tasty meatballs. Easy to make, and I like the fact that you can fix the rest of the meal while they are simmering.
made these for years but use tomato soup intead of tomatoe sauce
These were great meatballs in a tangy sweet sauce. I'll definitely make them again!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Meatball Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Meatball Recipes >
- Rice Dinner >
- Rice Recipes >