Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground moose meat
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- Hot cooked wide egg noodles
- In a bowl, combine meat, egg, 1 tablespoon cornstarch, salt, pepper and onion. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. In a large skillet, brown meatballs in oil. Cover and cook over low heat until the meatballs are done, about 10 minutes.
- In a saucepan, stir vinegar and remaining cornstarch until smooth. Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Set pineapple aside. Add enough water to juice to equal 1-1/2 cups stir into vinegar mixture. Add sugar and soy sauce; cook and stir over medium heat until thickened. Add the meatballs, pineapple and green pepper; cook until heated through and the green pepper is tender. Serve over noodles.
Nutrition Facts6 each: 375 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 142mg cholesterol, 916mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 1g fiber), 36g protein.
Nov 25, 2009
It's a delicious and flavorful way to use ground moose meat. This recipe is good served over rice or noodles. I would definitely make it again.
Oct 3, 2009
Our family has been making this recipe since it appeared in the magazine 1st many years ago. It is EXCELLENT and simple.We substitute ground white meat turkey for the moose. The flavor is still awesome & the recipe is healthy.