Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; shape into 12 balls. Place meatballs in an ungreased 8-in. square baking dish. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over meatballs.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350° for 1 hour. Uncover; bake 15 minutes longer.
Nutrition Facts4 ounce-weight: 291 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 1157mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 21, 2013
I added a 1/4 cup of bread crumbs because while mixing the meat I felt that it needed something to hold the meat together.
Mar 2, 2012
These remind me of my classes in Home Economics and the recipe is nearly the same
Nov 11, 2009
I needed to cook the rice to make this work, but everyone liked it-
Feb 24, 2009
Hmmmm...,not so good. The sauce is way to runny. No matter how much longer I cooked the meatballs the rice did not soften. It was easy to prepare but also could use quite alot more seasoning.KnRNebraska