- 6 jalapeno peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 1 habanero pepper, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 1-1/4 cups white vinegar, divided
- 6 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened pomegranate juice
- 2 pouches (3 ounces each) liquid fruit pectin
- Place peppers in a food processor; pulse until combined. Add 1 cup vinegar; process until peppers are finely minced. Transfer to a 6-qt. stockpot. Stir in sugar, pomegranate juice and remaining vinegar. Bring to a full rolling boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in pectin. Return to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; skim off foam.
- Ladle hot mixture into seven hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles and adjust headspace, if necessary, by adding hot mixture. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 10 minutes. Remove jars and cool. Yield: 7 half-pints.
Originally published as Pomegranate Pepper Jelly in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2016, p182
Reviews for Pomegranate Pepper Jelly
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review