Zucchini Peach Jelly
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 15 min. + cooling
- 6 cups shredded peeled zucchini (about 4 medium)
- 6 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple with juice
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) peach or orange gelatin
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, combine zucchini, sugar, lemon juice and pineapple with juice; bring to a boil. Cook, stirring often, at a full boil 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in gelatin. Spoon into clean jelly jars. Cover and cool. Store in the refrigerator up to 3 weeks.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 44 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Aug 5, 2016
I left out the sugar and lemon juice. This is a delicious condiment! Thank you, Ruth, for sharing this recipe.
Jun 21, 2016
Jul 27, 2014
Tried this recipe this year (2014) for the first time. I used both zucchini and yellow squash and canned using the water bath method as well. The mixture takes about 24 hours to completely jell to a jam consistency but my family does Love the taste! I will definitely be making more as soon as we have more zucchini and yellow squash ripen! Some of this will definitely go into our Christmas Gift Baskets!
Jun 22, 2010
I made this jam with some zucchini from my garden. It is delicious. I canned the jelly using the water bath method. That way I could take advantage of the abundant zucchini and can share the jam for gifts.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.