- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
- 2/3 cup sugar, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons water
- 6 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
- In a small saucepan, combine the pomegranate juice, 1/3 cup sugar and lemon juice. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Stir in the cream, brown sugar, water and remaining sugar. Cook until bubbles form around sides of pan.
- Remove from the heat; stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks. Return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Stir in vanilla. Transfer to five 4-oz. ramekins. Place cups in a baking pan; add 1 in. of boiling water to pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 30-35 minutes or until center is just set (mixture will jiggle). Remove ramekins from water bath; cool for 10 minutes. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- If using a creme brulee torch, sprinkle custards with sugar. Heat sugar with the torch until caramelized. Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds and serve immediately.
- If broiling the custards, place ramekins on a baking sheet; let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with sugar. Broil 8 in. from the heat for 4-7 minutes or until sugar is caramelized. Serve immediately or refrigerate up to 1 hour. Just before serving, sprinkle with pomegranate seeds. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Pomegranate Creme Brulee in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p166
Reviews for Pomegranate Creme Brulee
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review