Our kids had a great time putting together this cute creation for a Cub Scout cake auction. Using a boxed cake mix made preparation of the crust fast and easy.—Caroline Simzisko, Cordova, Tennessee
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup vanilla frosting
- Red liquid or paste food coloring
- 3 ounces white baking chocolate, grated
- 2 strawberry Fruit Roll-Ups
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Pour the batter into two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Place each cake on a 10-in. serving platter. Combine the frosting and food coloring; spread over the top of each cake to within 1/2 in. of edges. Sprinkle with grated chocolate for cheese.
- Unroll Fruit Roll-Ups; use a 1-1/2 in. round cutter to cut into circles for pepperoni. Arrange on cakes. Yield: 2 cakes (6-8 servings each).
Originally published as Pizza Cake in Quick Cooking May/June 2002, p41
Reviews for Pizza Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review