- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add the flour and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine sugar and flour; add pineapple and stir until blended. Cook over low heat until mixture comes to a boil and is thickened. Cover and refrigerate.
- Divide dough in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll out each portion to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut into 3-in. squares. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- To form star, make a 1-1/4-in. cut from each corner toward center (do not cut through center). Place 1/4 teaspoon of pineapple filling in the center of each. Fold every other point toward the center, overlapping pieces; press lightly to seal.
- Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- For frosting, combine the confectioners' sugar, butter, milk and vanilla in a bowl until smooth. Drizzle over cookies; sprinkle with walnuts. Yield: 5 dozen.
Originally published as Pineapple Star Cookies in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2000, p31
Reviews for Pineapple Star Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 26, 2014
"they look very nice and taste good"
Reviewed Dec. 21, 2011
"Very cute and delicious!"
Reviewed Dec. 21, 2010
"the best cookie love it"