Pineapple Pork Stir-Fry Recipe
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, undrained
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 cup cold water, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup fresh baby carrots, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 small onion, cut into wedges
- Hot cooked rice
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup juice; set aside. In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons cornstarch, 1 tablespoon water, garlic powder and 1 tablespoon reserved pineapple juice. Pour into a large resealable bag; add pork. Seal bag and turn to coat.
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, cayenne and remaining water, cornstarch and reserved pineapple juice until smooth; set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat, stir-fry pork in 1 tablespoon oil until no longer pink; remove and keep warm.
- Stir-fry the broccoli, carrots and onion in remaining oil until tender. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add pork and pineapple; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pineapple Pork Stir-Fry(22)
Sort By :
forgot to add did not have carrots but i think you could go crazy with different combos of veggies. different kinds of meat. i used left over pork roast that was already cooked.
best ever. i used teriyaki sauce and frozen bag of oriental veggies. i minced my own garlic. added a little more pineapple. i would of give it a 5 but tons of sodium. also cooked brown rice in oj . delish
I also used chicken and added a little bell pepper that I had left in the fridge. The only reason I gave this recipe four stars is that I thought the soy sauce flavor was a little overpowering. Next time I plan on using the low-sodium soy sauce too. Overall, we thought it was very good.
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Pork Tenderloin Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pork Recipes >
- Rice Recipes >