Pina Colada Cheesecake Recipe
- 15 shortbread cookies, crushed
- 1 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup cream of coconut
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 3/4 teaspoon rum extract
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 fresh pineapple, peeled and cored
- 3 tablespoons apple jelly
- Edible blossoms, optional
- Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and coconut; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom of prepared pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 8-10 minutes or until set and lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the cream of coconut, milk and extract. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over crust. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake at 325° for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- Thinly slice pineapple; arrange on cheesecake. Warm apple jelly; brush over pineapple. Refrigerate until chilled. Just before serving, garnish with blossoms if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Pina Colada Cheesecake(9)
Sort By :
Crust was very good and easy to make. Served to guests and they loved it. The pineapple on top was good, not sure what the apple jelly was for- couldn't taste it at all.
I getting ready to make it....what do U
think of using pineapple perserves in
place of apple ?
I have made this cheese cake every Christmas and it is a big hit.
Is there a MakeOver recipe for this Cheese Cake?
This was my first try at a homemade cheesecake. It was a huge hit.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheesecake Recipes >
- Cheesecakes >
- Cream Cheese Cheesecakes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Make Ahead Desserts >