Garlic, peppers and herbs top creamy ricotta cheese in this meatless skillet meal you can make in just 20 minutes. —Janet Boulger, Botwood, Newfoundland and Labrador
Recommended: 73 Reasons to Get Behind Meatless Monday
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, julienned
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 6 ounces fettuccine, cooked and drained
- Whisk together ricotta cheese and milk; set aside. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic and pepper flakes; saute 1 minute. Add next seven ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Add cheese mixture to fettuccine; top with vegetables. Toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pepper Ricotta Primavera in Country Woman July/August 1998, p36
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Pepper Ricotta Primavera
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review