Not only is this nicely seasoned pasta and vegetable blend good, it's good for you.—Janet Boulger, Botwood, Newfoundland and Labrador
- 1 cup light Galbani® Ricotta Cheese
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 each medium green, sweet red and yellow pepper, julienned
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 6 ounces fettuccine, cooked and drained
- In a small bowl, whisk ricotta cheese and milk; set aside. In a large skillet, saute garlic and pepper flakes in oil for 1 minute. Add peppers, zucchini, peas, oregano and basil. Cook and stir over medium heat until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Place fettuccine in a large bowl; add vegetables and cheese mixture. Toss to coat; serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pepper Ricotta Primavera in Country Woman July/August 1998, p36
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Pepper Ricotta Primavera
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review