- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) chocolate frosting
- 19 to 20 yellow chick Peeps candies
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (assorted sizes)
- Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions, using two parchment paper-lined and greased 9-in. round baking pans. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks; remove paper. Cool completely.
- If cake layers have rounded tops, trim with a long serrated knife to make level. Spread frosting between layers and over top and sides of cake.
- For petals, arrange Peeps around edge of cake, curving slightly and being careful not to separate chicks. For sunflower seeds, arrange chocolate chips in center of cake. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Peeps Sunflower Cake
"Oh so fun & fabulous for Easter!- Theresa"
"I have made this cake several times. It is so simple, but so darn cute!"
"I used my own cake recipe but this was a cute presentation."
"I made this for my Granddaughters Easter dinner...it was a huge success. However I bought the yellow bunny peeps by mistake. Since they had petal like ears they worked really well. Thank you for a great recipe that can be changed for different occasions."