- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 medium tart apples, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, cut butter into flour until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in sour cream and salt. Shape the dough into a ball; cover and refrigerate overnight.
- For filling, combine bread crumbs and butter. Add apples, sugar, raisins, pecans and cinnamon, set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Divide dough into thirds; turn onto a floured surface. Roll each into a 15x12-in. rectangle. Spoon filling evenly onto dough; spread to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up from a long side; pinch seams and ends to seal.
- Carefully place each loaf seam side down on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake 55-60 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely on wire racks. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 3 strudels (12 slices each).
Reviews for Pecan Apple Strudel
Sort By :
I have made many strudels and this one is the best! I also used splenda to make it for my diabetic husband and it was also really good. I did freeze some as my apples were near their end. It was good when defrosted but the apples were a little soggy. That could probably be solved by heating it up a bit.
undecided if i'd make again...too much filling for the amount of dough. need to have a fair amount of flour on surface, if not dough sticks and you are unaware until you start rolling up. Dough split open during baking. I had about 2 cups of leftover filling that was tossed. wasteful.
My husband (& everyone else) loved it!! The recipe makes a very generous amount and next time I plan to split the dough in quarters and use walnuts. Definitely will continue to enjoy this pleasant blend of comforting flavors and aromas again!
I made this for my book club and it was so good any leftovers I had my son took care of before I even had a chance to put away. Thanks for such an awsome recipe!!!
This is a wonderful recipe, but I sometimes have issues with the dough tearing during the baking cycle.
The aroma of while it's baking is out of this world, and every time I take it somewhere it is gone almost immediately.
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Desserts >
- Apple Recipes >
- Apple Strudel >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- German Desserts >
- German Recipes >
- Make Ahead Desserts >
- Make-Ahead Recipes >