- 10 medium pears (about 4 pounds), peeled and sliced
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place pears and berries in a large bowl. Mix sugar and flour; toss with fruit. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix first five topping ingredients; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over filling. Bake, uncovered, until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown, 45-50 minutes. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Pear-Blackberry Crisp
"Made this today but I only used 6 pears, that's all that came in a bag. It was very good and If you live for that delicious crunchy topping, this is one for you. This was delicious and now I want to go to the store and get vanilla ice cream to eat with it. Definitely a keeper and maybe even a weekly dessert while pears are in season, yummy"
"I made this with fresh pears & fresh blackberries & it was delicious. Next time i will use half the sugar. It was sweet enough without it. Other than that I wouldn't change a thing! We added sugar free vanilla ice cream to the top while it was warm."