Pear Bar Cookies Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 medium pears, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- In a small bowl, combine the flour and sugar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-28 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs, brown sugar and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and ginger; stir into egg mixture just until moistened. Gently stir in pears and coconut.
- Spread over warm crust. Bake 20-23 minutes longer or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 16 bars.
Reviews for Pear Bar Cookies(4)
Sort By :
Made a batch of these this morning. Excellent! I also added a pinch of cinnamon, next time maybe cardamon as well. Super easy, readily available ingredients. I Cooked the crust a little too long but still yummy.
These bars are fantastic! I added 1/2 tsp each of cinnamon and cloves to the topping, tasted like apple pie! A definite make again!
This was super easy and since I had the ingredients on hand, I whipped it up in no time. We enjoyed it with coffee for breakfast!
very very very good
More Recipe Collections
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Desserts for Two >
- Desserts Recipes For Two >
- Father's Day Desserts >