These doubly delightful pinwheel cookies are very easy to prepare. They feature the classic combination of peanut butter and chocolate in an attractive swirl.
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a bowl, cream shortening, peanut butter and sugar. Beat in egg and milk. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Roll out between floured waxed paper into a 12-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Sprinkle chips to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up tightly, jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes or until easy to handle.
- Unwrap dough and cut into 1/2-in. slices. Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Pinwheels in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2001, p34
Reviews for Peanut Butter Pinwheels
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review