- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a bowl, cream shortening, peanut butter and sugar. Beat in egg and milk. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Roll out between floured waxed paper into a 12-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Sprinkle chips to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up tightly, jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes or until easy to handle.
- Unwrap dough and cut into 1/2-in. slices. Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Reviews for Peanut Butter Pinwheels
Sort By :
"Easy, pretty, and really yummy - what more do you need. Try these, you won't be disappointed."
"Yummy, pretty, easy to make! This recipe is a keeper."
"Absolutely amazing tasty cookie."
"I used butter instead of shortening-made a soft dough that stuck to the waxed paper. Would chill the dough 10 min. Or so next time. There will be a next time cause these are great!"
"Add 1/4 tsp baking powder to make a slightly puffy cookie. also divide dough in half before rolling to make smaller tea size cookies. Makes 40 tea cookies"