- 1-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup crushed cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup hot fudge ice cream topping, divided
- 6 peanut butter cups, cut into small wedges
- In a large bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, sugar, cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 7-9 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. In a microwave-safe bowl, heat peanut butter on high for 30 seconds or until softened. Spread over crust to within 1 in. of edges.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in sour cream and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour 1 cup into a bowl; set aside. Pour remaining filling over peanut butter layer.
- In a microwave, heat 1/4 cup fudge topping on high for 30 seconds or until thin; fold into reserved cream cheese mixture. Carefully pour over filling; cut through with a knife to swirl.
- Return pan to baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer.
- Microwave remaining fudge topping for 30 seconds or until warmed; spread over cheesecake. Garnish with peanut butter cups. Refrigerate overnight. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Reviews for Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake
"OMG - SO easy and SO delicious!! This was my first time to make cheesecake - I was scared but it was so simple and tasted fabulous : ) Def will make it again and again"
"I doubled the recipe and made it in a 10x14-inch pan. I needed to make it gluten-free, so I used only GF "graham" crumbs, increasing the amount to total both kinds of crumbs. Instead of hot fudge topping stirred into the chocolate layer, I melted dark chocolate into some milk and stirred it into 1/3 of the batter. I left 1/3 plain, and I stirred the peanut butter into the other 1/3. I layered them in the pan, chocolate on bottom, plain in the middle, and PB on top. I baked it about an hour and 10 minutes. Tomorrow I'll melt chocolate in milk again and put it on top as a ganache, with PB cups chopped on top. (I used the recipe on this page to make GF PB cups: http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/homemade-peanut-butter-cups.) I actually had some crumbs left over from doubling the recipe, so I made a tiny cheesecake in a grab-it dish and sampled it. Delicious!"
"This cheesecake was delicious! Made it according to the recipe with the exception of the chocolate cookies - used chocolate wafers instead of sandwich cookies and it worked like a dream. Brought it to work and there's nothing left but crumbs!"
"Made it for my co-workers and everyone loved it!! It wasn't hard to make at all. I used a 9x13 pan instead of a 9" springform pan and it was excellent. I'm making this for the Holidays."
"This is amazing! I used Reese's Oreos. Hubby loves it."
"I make this for many charity auctions it's a big ticket item. The most it has sold for is S295"
"Yummy!!! I just made this for a Christmas party. I did add some creamy PB to the main batter, after removing the cup that is mixed with the fudge. I also replaced some of the graham cracker crumbs for more oreo crumbs, just to make it a little more chocolatey. I had no problem with too much batter as one review stated and I used a 9" springform. So delicious - one of my new favorites!!"
"I made a few substitutions which created a lovely taste sensation. First, I made a crushed pretzel thins and butter crust. Second, I substituted 1/4 C caramel ice cream topping and 1/4 C chocolate syrup for the reserved 1 C filling in place of the fudge topping. Finally, I chopped 4 Reese's cups and put them IN the vanilla batter. None on top. Did it turn out? You bet it did and it was fabulous."
"wow! made this for my daughter n love:) birthday!! she loved it!"
"It's been awhile since I made this cheesecake but it's amazing. Just can't remember if you have to take creme out of Oreo cookies before crushing for the crust.??"