Peaches and Cream Muffins Recipe
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1/2 cup milk or sour cream
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen peaches, thawed
- In a bowl, beat egg; add milk and oil. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; stir into the egg mixture just until moistened. Stir in the peaches.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in a muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 10 muffins.
Reviews for Peaches and Cream Muffins(11)
Sort By :
I used Sour cream, and added nutmeg (about a half of a teaspoon) and ground cinnamon I also used probably a cup and a quarter of fresh peaches. It made 12 full muffin cups easily, and I had no problem with them pulling off of the papers.
P. S. I sprayed the paper cups, and they still stuck to the paper. Next time, I'll just spray and flour the muffin tin. My huband loved them for breakfast!!
When I read the recipe, it sounded like it could use a little spice, so I added a generous teaspoon of cinnamon (in lieu of a topping). Absolutely wonderful - this recipe is a keeper. Note - when I make peach cobbler, the topping is simply sugar and cinnamon - but if you really want to get crazy, sugar, cinnamon, butter, and finely chopped walnuts would make this a crowd pleaser - but also adds extra fat and calories. The fun of trying a new recipe is to see if you like it as is - and if not, tweak it to your taste. That's what makes a great cook!!
I would maybe make again. They are a little bland so we ate them with butter and honey. Love the idea though and can maybe tweak it to my liking!
They are eazy to make. Came out light and fluffy. Peaches make them delicious.