Fresh or frozen peaches star in these pretty crumb-topped muffins from Deanne Bagley of Bath, New York. "Breakfast muffins are a must at our house," she relates. "Our two girls love these not-too-sweet treats."
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk or sour cream
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen peaches, thawed
- In a bowl, beat egg; add milk and oil. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; stir into the egg mixture just until moistened. Stir in the peaches.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in a muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 10 muffins.
Originally published as Peaches and Cream Muffins in Quick Cooking July/August 1999, p54
Reviews for Peaches and Cream Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review