I've prepared these for many brunches—peaches are my favorite, but you can use strawberries or blueberries. People of all ages enjoy dunking crispy waffle strips into creamy dip. —Bonnie Geavaras-Bootz, Scottsdale, Arizona
Featured In: The 75 Best Ways to Enjoy Farmer's Market Peaches
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups chopped frozen peaches, thawed, divided
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) peach yogurt
- 2 cups sweetened whipped cream or whipped topping
- Toasted pecans and ground cinnamon, optional
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk egg yolks, milk, butter and vanilla until blended. Add to dry ingredients; stir just until moistened. Stir in 1 cup peaches.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff but not dry. Fold into batter. Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown. Cut waffles into 1-in. strips.
- In a small bowl, fold whipped cream into yogurt. Serve with waffles. Sprinkle with remaining peaches and, if desired, pecans and cinnamon. Yield: 6 servings (2 cups sauce).
Originally published as Peaches 'n' Cream Waffle Dippers in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2016, p99
Reviews for Peaches 'n' Cream Waffle Dippers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 13, 2016
"These were really delicious and a great change to waffles. I did add an extra cup of flour to the mix because I thought the batter looks too runny. They turned out perfect with the extra flour."