Pay Dirt Cake Recipe
With layers of crushed chocolate sandwich cookies and creamy filling, this is definitely a “rich” dessert. You can decorate the top with a few wrapped chocolate coins.Betty Jean Jordan, Monticello, Georgia
- 28 Oreo cookies
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3-1/3 cups cold milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant French vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Foil-wrapped chocolate coins, optional
- Line a 2-1/2-qt. clean new pail or container with plastic wrap or use a serving bowl; set aside. In a food processor or blender, process the cookies until finely crushed. Set aside 2 tablespoons of crumbs for topping.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and sugar. In a bowl, whisk the milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Add to cream cheese mixture; mix well. Fold in whipped topping.
- Place half of the cookie crumbs in prepared container or bowl; top with half of the pudding mixture. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with reserved crumbs. Refrigerate until serving. Top with foil coins if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Pay Dirt Cake in Taste of Home April/May 2003, p17
Reviews for Pay Dirt Cake(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >