When time is tight, Beverly Menser whips up Pasta Meatball Soup in her Madisonville, Kentucky home. The savory Italian soup relies on items most cooks have in the kitchen, including pasta, prepared spaghetti sauce, canned and frozen vegetables and frozen meatballs. The chunky mixture only needs to simmer for minutes before it can be ladled into bowls.
- 1 cup uncooked spiral or shell pasta
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen fully cooked Italian meatballs, thawed
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/2 cups frozen sliced carrots, thawed
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar (14 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, combine the remaining ingredients in a soup kettle or Dutch oven. Bring to a boil; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Drain pasta. Add to soup; heat through. Yield: 10 servings (3 quarts).
Originally published as Pasta Meatball Soup in Quick Cooking March/April 2003, p14
Reviews for Pasta Meatball Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review