- 2 pounds baby carrots
- 4 small onions, quartered
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place the carrots, onions and garlic in two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Drizzle with oil and vinegar. Sprinkle with the thyme, salt and pepper; gently toss to coat.
- Cover and bake at 450° for 20 minutes; stir. Bake, uncovered, for 10 minutes; stir again. Bake 10 minutes longer or until carrots are crisp-tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Oven-Roasted Carrots
"These were absolutely delicious! The only cooked carrots I would eat were those made with a roast. They had the flavor of the meat. But after eating these I found a new way to enjoy carrots without the meat. Only thing I did different was mince the garlic ahead of time. Thanks for a great recipe."
"I love to roast carrots and this is a great way to do it! I used regular carrots, peeled them and sliced them into discs. When I went to reach for my dried thyme, I was out! So I substituted a combination of oregano and basil instead. Next time I'll try it with the thyme. As per some of the reviews, I smashed the garlic too. This is a wonderful side dish that I will definitely make again!"
"I just recently fell in love with roasted vegetables and carrots are one of my favorites! These are easy to fix and taste so good! They will be in my side dish rotation often!"
"A really tasty and easy way to make carrots. I read the reviews first so smashed the garlic. Delicious!"
"I love this recipe. I smashed the garlic slightly to release more flavours and used regular carrots cut into sticks."
"Really great flavor. I made these with a beef roast and everyone loved them. I did add a little bit of fresh basil. Looking forward to making these again."
"These are delicious and so easy!"