Orange-Marmalade Linzer Tarts Recipe
These little cutout tarts are almost too pretty to eat! The golden sandwich cookies dusted with confectioners’ sugar reveal a colorful, citrusy center of orange marmalade.
- 1-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour, divided
- 1 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 3/4 cup orange marmalade
- 2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- In a food processor, combine 1/2 cup flour and almonds; cover and pulse until almonds are finely ground. Add the baking powder, salt and remaining flour; cover and process just until combined.
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg yolks, extract and lemon peel. Gradually add almond mixture to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Divide dough in half. Shape each into a ball, then flatten into a disk. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- On a floured surface, roll out one portion of dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-in. round cookie cutter. Using a floured 1-in. round cookie cutter, cut out the centers of half of the cookies. Place solid and cutout cookies 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 6-8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Spread 1 teaspoon marmalade on bottoms of solid cookies. Sprinkle cutout cookies with confectioners' sugar; place on top of marmalade. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Orange-Marmalade Linzer Tarts in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2013, p158
Reviews for Orange-Marmalade Linzer Tarts(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Almond Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Gift Recipes >
- Halloween Desserts >
- Halloween Party Recipes >
- Halloween Recipes >