- 1 package lemon cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3 ounces) orange gelatin
- 2/3 cup water
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 to 4 teaspoons orange juice
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, gelatin, water, oil and eggs; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Combine confectioners' sugar and enough orange juice to achieve desired consistency. Drizzle over cake. Yield: 12 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Orange-Lemon Cake
"Has a great flavor and it was a moist cake. Made it for dessert for Easter. It was a big hit in my family. It's a keeper for me."
"Very nice flavor. As suggested in another review, I used lemonade in place of the water. Denser cake... which we like. Will definitely make again!"
"I actually used a famous actor's lemonade in a carton in place of the water and always used melted butter in place of the oil when using a boxed mix. Te melted butter always makes it taste from scratch and the lemonade made it taste so fresh.Adding some orange zest to the Icing is a nice addition too.You can also make this in a Bundt pan as well."
"I used a Duncan Hines cake mix and it was dry. Maybe I baked it a little too long? I plan to try again. It did have a good flavor."
"This cake was easy to make, came out beautifully and was a big hit. I will absolutely be making this again, and soon! I will try the chocolate/cherry version suggested by another reader. I also intend on trying an orange/chocolate version and a rasberry/chocolate version. I found the pop of bright color, so much fun!Thank you so much for sharing this recipe!"