- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Optional garnishes: thinly sliced green onion and sesame seeds
- Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Add to bag, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil in batches over medium heat until chicken is no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, combine the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan; cook and stir until thickened. Return chicken to the pan; heat through. Sprinkle with green onion and sesame seeds if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Orange Ginger Chicken
"Really good and easy!"
"Delicious....easy to prepare and liked by the whole family. Not too sweet. Tasted as good as the local restaurants. We loved the sliced green onions and toasted seeds on top too. Will be making again."
"My husband loved it, although I found it to be too sweet, and will cut back on the marmalade used when I make it again. Will definitely be using again!"
"My husband and I found it too sweet. With all the excellent reviews, I was very disappointed. Have enjoyed many of TOH recipes in the past. Will not make again."
"Wonderful! Loved the simplicity (not much chopping) and the great flavor. Adding to the rotation."