Old-Fashioned Carrot Cake Recipe
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups finely shredded carrots
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- FLUFFY FROSTING:
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Additional chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar, carrots, cream cheese and oil until well blended. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to carrot mixture. Stir in pineapple and nuts.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
- In a heavy saucepan, cook and stir flour and milk over medium-low heat until a thick paste forms, about 10 minutes. Chill for 30 minutes. In a large mixer, cream the butter, sugars and salt until light and fluffy. Beat in the chilled flour mixture until smooth, about 5 minutes. Beat in vanilla. Frost cake. Sprinkle with nuts. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Old-Fashioned Carrot Cake
Sort By :
"Outstanding! Very moist and tasty. I made this for Easter dinner and it was a hit!"
"My whole family loved it! Even our picky eater. We left the nuts out. I may have to make it with nuts, just so my one daughter and I can have more to ourselves It didn't last very long. Will definitely be making this again. Great way to use the carrots we had in our garden. Pleasantly surprised by how moist it was. We made our own frosting b/c the girls love dad's frosting. "
"Im sure its 1 and 1/2 cups vegetable oil. :-)"
"Carrott CakeIs it 1-1/2 cups of vegetable oil or just a 1/2 cup of vegetable oil ?"