- 16 small red potatoes
- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 2 large tart apples, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 16 slices
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- Place potatoes in a greased 6-qt. slow cooker. Top with sauerkraut, apples and kielbasa. Sprinkle with brown sugar, caraway seeds, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Cut roast in half; sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown meat in oil on all sides. Transfer to slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender. Skim fat and thicken cooking liquid if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Oktoberfest Pork Roast
Sort By :
"Loved it! To a single recipe I added double the kraut and I'm glad I did, otherwise it would've been too dry. I think next time I will put the pork tenderloin in the middle so it soaks up more juice."
"Followed recipe and had high hopes based on reviews but very disappointed. Pork was tender but tasteless. Won't make this again"
"Wonderful flavors. Easy to prepare and great meal to use for a dinner with family."
"Not sure what I did wrong. The apples disintegrated and the meat was dry. I followed the instructions to the letter."
"Tasted wonderful. Pork was tender and juicy. I placed the pork loin on the bottom of the crockpot and it turned out great that way."