Oktoberfest Pork Roast Recipe
- 16 small red potatoes
- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 2 large tart apples, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Polish Kielbasa Sausage or Polish sausage, cut into 16 slices
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- Place potatoes in a greased 6-qt. slow cooker. Top with sauerkraut, apples and kielbasa. Sprinkle with brown sugar, caraway seeds, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Cut roast in half; sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown meat in oil on all sides. Transfer to slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender. Skim fat and thicken cooking liquid if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a medium white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Protea Chenin Blanc South Africa 2011. Honeysuckle and pear, with a hint of lemon, makes this perfect with any fish or chicken dish. Buy now and get 2 bottles for $29.99. Order Now
Reviews for Oktoberfest Pork Roast
Sort By :
Tasted wonderful. Pork was tender and juicy. I placed the pork loin on the bottom of the crockpot and it turned out great that way.
I made this a month ago and the family loved it. Great flavor and very filling. I am making it again tonight, only this time I will place the pork loin on the bottom to absorb more of the flavors
This roast is wonderful, love all the flavors!
Great recipe, great flavor , but not enough sauerkraut for this amount of meat. I used two cans and less potatoes,since it did not all fit in the large Rival Crock Pot.
Excellent!! I had lots of family in town this weekend so I doubled the recipe to make sure there was enough. I fed 13 people with the doubled recipe and still had leftovers. Everyone LOVED the combination of flavors in this meal . . . truly delicious!! We enjoyed every bite!!