Oatmeal Sandwich Cookies Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups shortening
- 2-2/3 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1 to 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and nutmeg; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in oats.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- For filling, in a small bowl, cream the shortening, sugar and marshmallow creme. Add enough milk to achieve spreading consistency. Spread filling on the bottom of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies. Yield: about 4-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Oatmeal Sandwich Cookies(10)
Sort By :
Just finished baking these cookies and they are just delicious! I don't think I'll ever buy another 'packaged' oatmeal creme cookie again!
I've made these several times to take to work and they are requested all the time. The chewyness of the cookie and cream go perfect together. Cookies are also great plain, the flavor is delicious. Thanks for the recipe.
So yummy! My kids loved them with the cream inside but I enjoyed the cookies plain even more!
These were wonderful. I didn't go overboard with the cream inside and they were just right.
These were absolutely delicious, both as sandwich cookies and as individual oatmeal cookies! They're definitely reminiscent of the Little Debbie oatmeal cream pies, but I found these to be much better! Do keep a careful eye on them while baking. I left my first batch in the oven a tad too long and they turned out crispier than I intended.