- 1-1/2 cups shortening
- 2-2/3 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1 to 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and nutmeg; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in oats.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- For filling, in a small bowl, cream the shortening, sugar and marshmallow creme. Add enough milk to achieve spreading consistency. Spread filling on the bottom of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies. Yield: about 4-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Oatmeal Sandwich Cookies
Sort By :
Absolutely amazing! The texture of the cookie is perfect. The filling adds just the right amount of sweetness. They are awesome!!
Very bland cookie would not make them again!
These are as good, no better than the store bought version. These are super delicious!!!!
I made these and everyone that tried them, loved them. Definitely a keeper.
These are always a hit everywhere I take them. Definitely worth the weight!!