- 1-1/2 cups shortening
- 2-2/3 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1 to 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and nutmeg; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in oats.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- For filling, in a small bowl, cream the shortening, sugar and marshmallow creme. Add enough milk to achieve spreading consistency. Spread filling on the bottom of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies. Yield: about 4-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Oatmeal Sandwich Cookies
Sort By :
"Wow! These are sooo good. I did use quick oats instead of old fashioned because I had just bought a huge container of them and wanted to use them. The texture of the cookie was wonderful. The filling is sooo good. It gave me ideas to use it on cupcakes. They were a hit at work!"
"Made this recipe this week for my hubby who is an oatmeal cookie fan. He absolutely loves them. Shared some with the neighbors and was told they are the best ever !!!!! Excellent recipe and it really looks like it is a lot more work that it is."
"Absolutely amazing! The texture of the cookie is perfect. The filling adds just the right amount of sweetness. They are awesome!!"
"Very bland cookie would not make them again!"
"These are as good, no better than the store bought version. These are super delicious!!!!"