- 6 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 5 cups water
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 4 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules or 2 vegetable bouillon cubes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Minced chives, optional
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first nine ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until the vegetables are tender.
- Add milk and parsley. Cover and cook 30 minutes longer or until heated through. Garnish with chives if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings (about 3 quarts).
Reviews for No-Fuss Potato Soup
Sort By :
"An easy, simple soup. Very tasty. I omitted the salt, cut down the butter to 2 tablespoons and I used 5% cream instead of the evaporated milk. Delicious. I too cooked it on the stove and it worked just fine. I have also used the crock pot and that was good too. I warmed my cream in the microwave for about a minute so it wouldn't curdle when I added it to the rest of the soup. Will definitely be making it many more times."
"Delicious! Decided to cook on stove instead of slow cooker and it turned out great."
"I am not sure what went wrong with mine but after 8-10 hours on low in the slow cooker the potatoes still weren't tender enough! I had to cook it another 3 hours on high to get all of the vegetables tender. When it was done I added one envelope of baby reds instant mashed to thicken the soup up. I also added more salt and pepper than the recipe called for. In the end, the flavor was really good- it just took way too long."
"Add about 1 teaspoon thyme. Makes a huge difference."
"I just made this soup can't wait till my Husband gets home he is going to love it. I added ham and bacon bought some fresh Baggett and also added instant potatoes to thicken it my house smells wonderful thank you to whoever put out this recipe I have never made Potato soup but I will for sure make this again. It is so cold outside good day for some good soup. Made it on my stove top took about a hour easy"