Mushroom Potato Soup Recipe
- 2 medium leeks, sliced
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 5 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, saute leeks and carrots in 3 tablespoons butter for 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in the broth, potatoes, dill, salt, pepper and bay leaf. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms in remaining butter for 4-6 minutes or until tender. Discard bay leaf from soup. Stir in mushroom mixture.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and cream until smooth; gradually stir into soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
Reviews for Mushroom Potato Soup
Sort By :
I make soups for my husband to take to work. He LOVED this soup! I will definitely make it again.
Family ate until they hurt. Cheesy buiscuts on the side are great.
No adjustments needed. Absolutely amazing as is!!! Simple enough to make to boot!
This is absolutely delicious and very quick & easy to prepare. My family loved it! "It's a keeper!"