Ready to turn over a new burger? I guarantee no one will be missing the beef after tasting these vegetarian burgers. They're moist, tender and full of flavor. —Denise Hollebeke, Penhold, Alberta
- 2 cups finely chopped fresh mushrooms
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 4 lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Shape into four 3/4-in.-thick patties.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add burgers; cook 3-4 minutes on each side or until crisp and lightly browned. Serve on buns with lettuce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Mushroom Burgers in Country Woman March/April 2007, p29
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Mushroom Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review