- 7 eggs, separated
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1-1/2 cups plus 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- ORANGE GLAZE:
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 to 4 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Let eggs stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. In a large bowl, whisk the cocoa, boiling water, 3 tablespoons sugar and 2 tablespoons oil; cool. and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and remaining sugar. In another bowl, whisk the egg yolks, water and remaining oil. Add to dry ingredients; beat until well blended. In another bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff peaks form; fold into batter.
- Remove 2 cups of batter; stir into cocoa mixture. To the remaining batter, add orange peel. Alternately spoon the batters into an ungreased 10-in. tube pan. Swirl with a knife.
- Gently spoon into an ungreased 10-in. tube pan. Cut through batter with a knife to remove air pockets. Bake on the lowest oven rack at 325° for 70-75 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Immediately invert pan; cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Run a knife around side and center tube of pan. Remove cake to a serving plate.
- For glaze, in a small bowl, combine the sugar, butter and enough orange juice to reach desired drizzling consistency. Add orange peel; Drizzle over cake. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Reviews for Moist Marble Chiffon Cake
Sort By :
"if i want to avoid eggs in every cake & desert recipes what is the option of it ?"
"I made this cake for the first time today for my good friend that just come from Italy. She and her family loved it...I was very easy to make and very tasteful cake..i will make sure to make this cake for every special occasions. FANTASTIC!!!!"
"I love this cake .I've made it many times.Thank you very much"
"thank you for this recipe .It's very very good cake and I love it.It's one of the best chiffon cakes that I made it."
"We absolutely LOVE this cake, I've made it many times for family and friends. Though I've made it with the glaze, we prefer the cake with a dollop of lite Cool-Whip."