Mocha Truffles Recipe
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 pound dark chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped
- White candy coating, optional
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Beat in cream cheese. Dissolve coffee in water; add to cream cheese and beat until smooth.
- Chill until firm enough to shape. Shape into 1-in. balls and place on waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Chill for 1-2 hours or until firm.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate coating; stir until smooth. Dip balls in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Melt white coating and drizzle over truffles if desired. Yield: about 5-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Mocha Truffles
Sort By :
"These are very good truffles, like the coffee flavor and chocolate are winning combinations."
"yummy husband really likes i also chopped some pecans and coconut to roll some in very good"
"I make these every Christmas and my family loves them. I also gave them as gifts this year. They are easy to make and look beautiful."
"The taste was great - but they were so soft it was impossible to work with them. I even tried freezing them so I could coat them, but they literally dissolved as soon as I put them in the chocolate to coat them. I tried both dark chocolate and white chocolate. No luck with either."
"Way too rich. I love chocolate of any kind but found this to be super rich."