- 2 packages (12 ounces each) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 pound dark chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped
- White candy coating, optional
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Beat in cream cheese. Dissolve coffee in water; add to cream cheese and beat until smooth.
- Chill until firm enough to shape. Shape into 1-in. balls and place on waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Chill for 1-2 hours or until firm.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate coating; stir until smooth. Dip balls in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Melt white coating and drizzle over truffles if desired. Yield: about 5-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Mocha Truffles
"These are very good truffles, like the coffee flavor and chocolate are winning combinations."
"yummy husband really likes i also chopped some pecans and coconut to roll some in very good"
"I make these every Christmas and my family loves them. I also gave them as gifts this year. They are easy to make and look beautiful."
"The taste was great - but they were so soft it was impossible to work with them. I even tried freezing them so I could coat them, but they literally dissolved as soon as I put them in the chocolate to coat them. I tried both dark chocolate and white chocolate. No luck with either."
"Way too rich. I love chocolate of any kind but found this to be super rich."
"I made these at Christmas but ended up with a lot left over and gone to waste, people just found the coffee flavor too stong."
"Took these little guys to a Christmas party and they were a huge success. Definitely will make again."
"I have used several different truffle recipe's and this one is by far the best. It was easy to do and tasted delicious. The only thing I did differently was cut the coffee in half."
"Awesome! One suggestion--dip truffles, place on a sheet of waxed paper to harden (decorate if desired) and then place in the foil cups. We tried to put the dipped truffles directly into foil cups and it was very messy! Not thinking! I'm sure these will become a holiday candy standard. Excellent!!!"