- 7-1/2 cups instant chocolate drink mix
- 1 package (25.6 ounces) nonfat dry milk powder
- 2-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup powdered nondairy creamer
- 25 peppermint candies, crushed
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENT (for each serving):
- 1 cup milk
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 6 months.
- To prepare hot drink: Warm milk; stir in 1/3 cup mix until dissolved. Yield: 53 servings (17-2/3 cups total).
Reviews for Mint Cocoa Mix
Sort By :
"easy peasy to prepare. I made this for Christmas gifts. Next time I would add a couple tablespoons of cocoa powder, as perhaps the chocolate drink mix I used was not chocolaty enough. I found this makes up just as nice with water."
"Dreamy, Dreamy, Dreamy! I make this every Christmas for home and as gifts!"
"This is an awesome recipe! We will be using this for a long time! (For those who use cups instead of ounces, use 7-2/3 cups chocolate powder and 6-1/4 cups dry milk powder.)"
"I have made this recipe to give to friends and neighbors every Christmas for the last several years. Everyone love it!"
"I had to use a large stock pot to mix this in. I bought the instant chocolate drink mix and the nonfat dry milk powder in a wholesale store so the packaging was larger. I do not own a scale, so I estimated what was needed in cups....I used 7 cups of the chocolate mix and 6 cups of the nonfat dry milk. I made several containers to give as gifts and of course I had to try it first. It is delicious, better than the store bought hot chocolate mixes I usually buy. I crushed the peppermint candies in my mini food processor, and it did an excellent job, made it into a powder. I was a little nervous that it was going to crack the bowl, but I was lucky. I will be making this again!"