People love these hearty little sandwich wedges. The recipe is great for a party and can be made the day before.—Gareth Craner, Minden, Nevada
- 1 jar (10 ounces) pimiento-stuffed olives, drained and chopped
- 2 cans (4-1/4 ounces each) chopped ripe olives
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 French rolls, split
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced hard salami
- 1/4 pound sliced provolone cheese
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced cotto salami
- 1/4 pound sliced part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; set aside. Hollow out tops and bottoms of rolls, leaving 3/4-in. shells (discard removed bread or save for another use).
- Spread olive mixture over tops and bottoms of rolls. On roll bottoms, layer with hard salami, provolone cheese, cotto salami and mozzarella cheese. Replace tops.
- Wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight. Cut each into six wedges; secure with toothpicks. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Mini Muffuletta in Taste of Home December/January 2009, p41
Reviews for Mini Muffuletta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review