- 1 jar (10 ounces) pimiento-stuffed olives, drained and chopped
- 2 cans (4-1/4 ounces each) chopped ripe olives
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 French rolls, split
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced hard salami
- 1/4 pound sliced provolone cheese
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced cotto salami
- 1/4 pound sliced part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; set aside. Hollow out tops and bottoms of rolls, leaving 3/4-in. shells (discard removed bread or save for another use).
- Spread olive mixture over tops and bottoms of rolls. On roll bottoms, layer with hard salami, provolone cheese, cotto salami and mozzarella cheese. Replace tops.
- Wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight. Cut each into six wedges; secure with toothpicks. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Mini Muffuletta
Sort By :
I've made a similar recipe out of a large round of bread. I love the idea of smaller bites!! I also place a heavy pan or dishes on top of them to "press" the sandwiches. Thanks so much for posting!
I have made this many times, excellent make-ahead item for parties. Sometimes I add a little mayo and mustard to the top layer only for flavor. They're always a hit!
What would there be 'not' to like about these?? This recipe is definately going in my 'recipe box'!!
Kitzer ~ >^..^< ~ meow
Like the idea of this make ahead muffuletta.
Will make it for Easter snacks.
I found that making the Muffuletta with real cheeses and the meats it was too expensive. But I thought of a few ideas and I find that corned beef sliced thick makes a great substitute along with thinly sliced mozzarella cheese... I would DEFINATELY make this again whenever I have unexpected guests over. It's a great recipe that everyone loves!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bread Appetizers >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cajun Appetizers >
- Cajun Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Cold Appetizer Recipes >
- Cold Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Low Carb Appetizers >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Appetizers >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Make Ahead Appetizers >
- Make-Ahead Finger Foods >
- Make-Ahead Recipes >