Meatless Mexican Lasagna Recipe
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with basil, oregano and garlic, undrained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 4 corn tortillas (6 inches)
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 6 tablespoons plain yogurt
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Place two tortillas in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spread with half of the corn mixture; sprinkle with half of the cheese. Repeat layers.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Let stand for 5 minutes. Garnish each serving with a dollop of yogurt. Yield: 6 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Meatless Mexican Lasagna(4)
Sort By :
Really good meatless meal,I doubled the recipe. Used low fat sour cream instead of yogurt. Held together nicely. I also used whole wheat tortillas instead of corn tortillas. Will definitely make again!
I didn't bother toasting tortillas and bought tostadas instead. The texture was perfect. I also added chicken. I will definitely make this again!
This was ok. I doubled the recipe and because I didn't have oregano, I used cilantro. I also used sour cream instead of yogurt. It had a nice flavor but the tortillas became quite soggy and didn't hold together at all. The serving ended up being a wad of lasagna on the plate. I have no idea how the picture looks so nice with the tortillas clearly in one piece. Maybe, like the other commenter, I should have toasted them first. If I make this again, I will probably just bake the mixture, top it with sour cream and shredded lettuce, and eat it with tortilla chips.
This is super yummy! I did make a few modifications after we first tried it. I added only 1 tsp. of cumin and I also "toasted" my tortillas for a crunchy texture and used Sour Cream instead of yogurt...
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Lasagna Dinners >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Vegetarian Recipes >