- 1 teaspoon plus 1 cup butter, divided
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Line an 8-in.-square pan with foil; grease foil with 1 teaspoon butter.
- Cube remaining butter. In a large saucepan, combine cubed butter, brown sugar and milk. Bring to a full boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
- Stir in maple flavoring, vanilla and salt. Add confectioners' sugar; beat on medium speed 2 minutes or until smooth. Immediately spread into prepared pan. Cool completely.
- Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Remove foil; cut into 1-in. squares. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 1-3/4 pounds (64 pieces).
Reviews for Marvelous Maple Fudge
"My family and I love this fudge. I am a bit confused about these reviews. I had no problems what-so-ever. I did change one small thing - I omitted the maple flavoring. I just doubled the vanilla.As another reviewer stated, start counting when it comes to a boil and do not buy store-brand products. Use good butter, use good brown sugar!Although it is suggested to not refrigerate this fudge - I did. I feel it made it a little better and set more properly.When I cut the fudge into small squares, I dipped some of them in chocolate candy coating - and wow! It reminded me of Sees Candy! If you don't like sweet treats already then sadly, this is not the fudge recipe for you."
"Be certain to not start counting your time until after this comes to a full boil, that means it continues to bubble even though you're stirring.Also don't store this in the refrigerator, that will make it very grainy.Sue StetzelOnline Community ManagerTaste of Home Magazine"
"This was too sweet and did NOT set very well, so while flavor was okay it was to the trash with recipe and unset fudge."
"I make candy and chocolates every year, but for some reason, this recipe did not set. I followed it exactly. Also, I agree with a previous reviewer who said that it is WAY TOO sweet."
"Firstly, this is not terrible. My fudge came out looking like fudge and mostly tastes good. Secondly, I won't be making this recipe again without figuring out how to modify some of the proportions. The fudge is too sugary, I'm eating now, and I question if I should stop. This is sickly sweet . I followed everything to the T, but I may attempt to reduce the sugar... or something, if I make this again."