Maple-Mocha Brownie Torte Recipe
- 1 package brownie mix (13x9-inch pan size)
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons maple flavoring
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chocolate curls or additional walnuts, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare batter for brownie mix according to package directions for cake-like brownies. Stir in walnuts. Pour into two greased 9-in. round baking pans.
- Bake 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted 2 in. from the edge comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat cream and coffee granules until stiff peaks form. Gradually beat in the brown sugar, maple flavoring and vanilla.
- Spread 1-1/2 cups over one brownie layer; top with second layer. Spread remaining cream mixture over top and sides of torte. Garnish with chocolate curls or walnuts if desired. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Maple-Mocha Brownie Torte(5)
Sort By :
Soooo good. Everyone loved it. Maybe too much coffee for some you may want to cut down on the instant coffee.. I could not but the batter in two round pans so I used a 9x13 glass dish and cut in half when I removed it. Careful tho- You must grease the dish heavily or cake will break when removed. Wonderful cake!!
The flavor of this recipe is fantastic! My brownies stuck to the pan, so I pulled them out in chunks and layered them in a glass bowl with the mocha mixture - like a trifle.
AWESOME!! The only thing I did different was use Maxwell House Int. Cappuccino because I don't like instant coffee. Also, pay attention to the bake time on the recipe, it's different than the brownie mix...it's done sooner than the mix. This recipe is so heavenly, you have to try it!
This is so easy and delicious, will definitely make often
i made this for my co-workers and it was gone in 20 minutes.....
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Brownie Cake >
- Brownie Mix Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Chocolate Cake Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Potluck Desserts >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Simple Desserts >