Maple Butterscotch Brownies Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons imitation maple flavoring
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, cream the brown sugar, butter and maple flavoring until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine flour and baking powder; add to egg mixture. Stir in nuts.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 27-32 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Cut into bars. Yield: 16 brownies.
Reviews for Maple Butterscotch Brownies
Sort By :
"These are scrumptious! I didn't/wouldn't change a thing. Moist, delicious, simple and quick. Just perfect."
"Very moist and delicious. Wouldn't change a thing."
"These brownies are definitely a winner at our house and everyone I've made them really enjoys them. You can find Maple Flavoring at Whole Foods Market. I double the recipe & bake in a large cookie sheet with parchment paper on the bottom."