Low-Fat Potato Soup Recipe
- 1-3/4 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 can (12 ounces) fat-free evaporated milk, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan, combine the potatoes, onion, celery, broth and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-18 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Combine cornstarch and 1/4 cup milk until smooth; stir into potato mixture. Add the remaining milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in cheese until melted. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Low-Fat Potato Soup(9)
Sort By :
No one would ever guess this was low in fat and calories, it is that good! I sauteed the onions & celery in a little bit of light butter for a few minutes, then added the potatoes and broth and continued on with the recipe. I used 2% sharp cheddar cheese and garnished the top with sliced scallions and a couple of slices of crispy bacon. Divine! Hubby said it was the best potato soup ever....10 stars from us!
This was super good, quick, and easy.
I used a 32oz. container of fat free broth and doubled the veggies. Also used 1 cup of Colby Jack cheese instead of reduce fat cheddar. I also used Lawreys seasoning pepper and garlic powder.
Loves the soup. My picky husband and son loved it. So this recipe is a keeper!
First time I've made potato soup and this tasted perfect. Ill never use any other recipe.